Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

Skip to Main Content
Skip to main content
Grand Valley State University    
2014-2015 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog 
  Sep 17, 2019
2014-2015 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Trials Management

The certificate in clinical research trials management is a graduate-level program consisting of four courses, two offered by Michigan State University (MSU) and two offered by Grand Valley State University (GVSU). This program is offered online. The certificate is designed for experienced clinical researchers seeking additional coursework, or students seeking preparation for entering a clinical research trials career.

Students who do not have two or more years of professional experience related to clinical trials research are advised to choose AHS 692 (Clinical Research Trials) as part of their program of study.

The certificate consists of four courses (12 credits):

Applicants for the graduate certificate in clinical research trials management must:

  1. Apply to the College of Health Professions. (Please note that it is not necessary to be admitted to a Master’s degree program at the university in order to be admitted to the certificate program.)
  2. Hold an advanced degree or bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work from an accredited college or university.
  3. Submit an official copy of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
  4. Provide three letters of recommendation.
  5. Submit a personal essay describing interest/experience in clinical trials research and career goals.
  6. Provide a resume or curriculum vitae.
  7. International students must submit evidence of English language proficiency verified by an official TOEFL score report. Minimum scores expected: TOEFL 610 or computer-based TOEFL 253.

Students who have been admitted to a master’s degree or doctoral program at the university must notify both the Graduate Studies office and the program coordinator if they intend to seek this certificate in addition to the program for which they have been admitted.